The NeuroGroup is seeking a candidate for MSc thesis work or project researcher for the project related to neuronal cell signal analysis. Successful candidate has:
- Background in suitable field (signal processing, computer science, bio sciences), MSc degree or MSc studies almost finalized
- Solid experience in Matlab programming
- Earlier experience in biological signal analysis
- Enthusiastic and hardworking spirit
- Good spoken and written English
In addition we appreciate:
- Experience in microelectrode array technology
- Experience in version control (e. g. Github)
In this project the candidate will implement and develop algorithms for neural cell spike detection from microelectrode array data from neuronal cell cultures. In addition, development of algorithm usability and error control are part of the project.
Laura Ylä-Outinen, PhD, MSc (Tech)
University of Tampere
Application deadline is 31 January 2018. Send your application (in English or in Finnish) to laura.yla-outinen(at)uta.fi. Include your transcription of academic records or MSc diploma, CV and non-formal application letter.